West Sussex Pubs
There are 42 links in this category.
» View the Most Recent Links
- Burgess Hill
- Haywards Heath
Links: A - Z
Situated on the side of the River Arun in Littlehampton, the Arun View Inn offers its patrons a relaxed venue for a quiet drink, a family meal or corporate function. The Arun View Inn is especially popular with visitors to Littlehampton who enjoy the local golf courses and spectacular diving opportunities afforded by this stretch of the South Coast.
Located in the pretty village of Bolney, the centuries-old Bolney Stage just oozes character, with huge inglenook fireplaces, ancient flagstones and crooked beams aplenty, and comfortable old furniture. You'll find a warm welcome, good honest food, and an unpretentious, chatty atmosphere.
Set in the stunning Arun Valley, in the South Downs National Park, The Bridge Inn is a delightful traditional English Pub, serving well kept real ales and delicious, locally sourced, home cooked food. Owned and managed personally by Dave and Natasha Challis, The Bridge is popular with locals and visitors alike, great for a meal or just a drink with friends. Either those you bring with you, or those you meet while you're here. We look forward to seeing you at The Bridge Inn.
The Bull is a traditional pub with log fires and a large garden with children's play area. We also have a function room with a skittle gallery. We are well known for our freshly made pizzas and also serve pasta, chicken, fish and other speciality dishes. We are situated a few minutes drive north of Henfield.
The Cat Inn is a 16th century freehouse situated in the picturesque village of West Hoathly, yet within easy reach of East Grinstead, Haywards Heath, and Gatwick Airport. As a freehouse, we pride ourselves on the quality of our real ales, concentrating on local breweries such as Harveys of Lewes and Hepworths of Horsham. In the warm and friendly bar areas, we offer the opportunity to enjoy a traditional bar meal at a sensible price, without compromising on either quality or quantity.
The Chequer Inn in Steyning is an an attractive and historic inn that offers a warm welcome, delicious home-made food, fine wines and an award-winning cellar. Indeed, we are proud to offer the finest ales, and we support local breweries, a fact that brings enthusiasts from miles around. The Inn retains many historical features including open fires, oak beams and many interesting features that reflect its colourful history.
The Cherry Tree is a 400-year old country pub in Copthorne. Decorated in a contemporary style with a reminder of the past with a collection of black and white photographs of the local area. Our intimate restaurant serves traditional British food and we proudly use the freshest ingredients from local sources, whether you are looking for a three course meal or simply a snack. We have entertainment ranging from Wednesday night poker to live music at the weekends. Friday offers a more chilled out evening with acoustic artists and Saturday nights are for those with the party spirit and an appreciation for local bands.
The Crown Inn is situated opposite the village green in the West Sussex village of Dial Post. It is easily accessible from the A24 in both directions some six miles south of Horsham. The Inn offers superb food and wines in a traditional setting. There is ample parking, a patio at the front and a garden at the rear.
The Duke of York, in Sayers Common near Hassocks, offers fabulous home-cooked pub classics with a modern twist, using fresh and local ingredients. Drinks-wise the wide range of local real ales is constantly changing in this true "free house", and along with popular lagers and spirits there is an extensive wine list to choose from to enjoy with your lunch or dinner. The pub also boasts two beer gardens, one for families with a fabulous Childrens' Play Fort and another for our four legged friends (dogs that is, although the odd horse does stop by!). The letting accommodation, all en suite with TV and tea and coffee making facilities in every room, is competitively priced and perfect for those visiting friends/family or down on business. Please call 01273 832262 to enquire about table or room reservations.
Welcome to The Eight Bells. In their third year operating the pub as a free house, Waz and Emma have restored much of the village pub feel to the Eight Bells sponsoring and supporting the local football team, darts and pool team, bar billiards and volley ball team. The pub has baby changing and disabled facilities, and with a beautiful decked garden, outside bar and children's play area it is welcoming to families, business people, senior citizens and everyone in-between! Having won the Bright FM Pub of the Year Award at the end of their first year, the focus has been very much on presenting excellent homemade food at affordable prices.
- CAMRA's South East Pub Walks
- A practical, pocket-sized guide to some of the best pubs and walking in the south eastern corner of England. Each route has been selected for its interesting and varied landscape, and its beer - with the walks taking you on a tour of the best real ale pubs the area has to offer » Buy the book
- Pubs and Inns of England and Wales (Alastair Sawday's Special Places to Stay)
- Pubs with style and great food; with sustainability and provenance at the heart of what they do. Sleek city boozers and rural pubs with wonky walls and horse brasses above the bar. Chosen for their individuality, good cheer and friendly welcome. This well-loved Sawday's pubs guide gives you all the information you need: pub opening times; pub prices; directions and phone numbers to make a booking at pubs across England & Wales. » Buy the book
- Eating Out in Pubs Guide 2013 (Michelin Pub Guides)
- Eating Out in Pubs 2013 includes 550 of the best dining pubs and inns in Britain and Ireland, featuring 81 new entries, to suit all tastes and budgets. Covering a range of establishments from country inn to urban gastro pub, each entry is tried and tested by the famous team of Michelin inspectors. » Buy the book
- Pocket Pub Walks South Downs
- Best Sussex Pub Walks: Circular Walks from Harveys Pubs
- Pocket Pub Walks West Sussex
- Pocket Pub Walks East Sussex
- Horsham Pub Guide
Pub Guide Books
- Good Pub Guide 2014
- Organized county by county, The Good Pub Guide is as invaluable as ever. Its comprehensive yearly updates and countless reader reports ensure that only the very best pubs make the grade » Buy the book