There are 26 links in this category.
» View the Most Recent Links
Links: A - Z
Georgian country pub with dining room and large garden. The Anglesey Arms prides itself in being a traditional country local with a separate dining room. Carefully sourced food with famous steaks and seafood. Interesting wine list.
The Bulls Head was converted from a 17th century farmhouse in the heart of the picturesque village of Fishbourne, just a three minute walk away from Chichester Harbour and conservation area. Our accommodation was extensively refurbished in 2009 to provide luxury en-suite rooms, our restaurant serves high quality home cooked food while our bar stocks a range of cask-conditioned Fullers ales in a typically English and friendly village pub atmosphere.
The Chichester is a traditional Inn, Grade 2 listed and dating from 1785, conveniently located within the old city walls, and a short walk to the Cathedral, Festival Theatre and Pallant House Gallery. With its separate dining and entertainment bars, heated courtyard garden, accommodation and free car park, this friendly and comfortable pub is a great local meeting place and base to explore picturesque Chichester, Goodwood, the South Downs and nearby sandy beaches.
Beautifully restored whilst keeping that cosy rustic feel, the 300-year old Crab and Lobster is in a superb location on the banks of Pagham harbour, near Chichester. Popular with families, the country pub and restaurant serves a traditional menu specialising in locally caught sea food.
Set against the picturesque backdrop of Goodwood and the South Downs, the Earl of March is a country pub restaurant in the village of Lavant near Chichester, West Sussex. We serve freshly prepared seasonal food from local produce, a selection of local real ales and a cellar of quality wines. All to be enjoyed in the comfort of our recently refurbished interior with its sumptuous leather sofas and its open wood fire.
The George and Dragon is a family run bar with restaurant and accommodation, situated in an ideal location in the heart of the historical city of Chichester. We are set directly on the North Walls walk and near to the famous Chichester Festival Theatre, making us the perfect place to stay for an unforgettable break away or to simply relax and unwind.
The Hare and Hounds is set in the South Downs in the picturesque village of Stoughton near Chichester. A privately owned free house, the pub has been a focal point of the village since the 19th century, and it retains a traditional feel in unspoilt surroundings. The Hare and Hounds offers a seasonal changing menu using locally sourced produce along with finely conditioned cask ales, including award-winning bitters, and premium draught cider and top lagers. There is also a carefully selected wine list with many favourites available either by the glass or bottle or two! If you're looking for some peace and quiet or time to yourselves, the chance to lose the children in the garden watching the cows and horses, or sustenance after a long walk with the dog, a warm welcome awaits.
Listed in The Good Beer Guide, the Horse and Groom is a friendly and welcoming country pub located in East Ashling, a picturesque village at the foot of the South Downs just a short journey from the charming city of Chichester. With its traditional bar, oak-beamed restaurant and 17th-century flint barn accommodation, the Horse and Groom is a great local meeting place with a comfortable atmosphere that is nurtured by the landlord and landlady, Mike and Michelle Martell.
The Old House at Home is a beamed 17th century pub with a terrace at the front and garden at the rear. We are situated in the rural village of Chidham, on a peninsular which reaches into beautiful Chichester Harbour, designated an area of outstanding natural beauty and with some of the best coastal walks in Southern England. Food is available daily with a menu from light lunches to three courses, with specials which change regularly and, of course, Sunday lunch. To complement our menus, we have an extensive wine list and four hand pumps with cask ales from independent breweries.
The Ship Inn is an attractive village pub situated 150 yards from the shores of Chichester Harbour, with its fine walks and harbour tours for visitors. As well as serving excellent food, The Ship Inn retains all the characteristics of a traditional English Inn, with a convivial and relaxing atmosphere. The large bar area features panelled walls, wooden tables and chairs and comfortable upholstered armchairs in front of an open fire. The Ship Inn provides excellent holiday accommodation in a peaceful rural location near West Wittering, close to Goodwood and Chichester.
- CAMRA's South East Pub Walks
- A practical, pocket-sized guide to some of the best pubs and walking in the south eastern corner of England. Each route has been selected for its interesting and varied landscape, and its beer - with the walks taking you on a tour of the best real ale pubs the area has to offer. » Buy the book
- Britain's Best Real Heritage Pubs (CAMRA)
- Full-colour guide to over 260 pubs throughout the UK which have interiors of real historic significance - some of them stretching back a century or more. It is the first time that these pubs have been collected into a single volume. Illustrated with high quality photography, the guide's extensive listings are the product of years of surveying and research by CAMRA volunteers. » Buy the book
- Pubs and Inns of England and Wales (Alastair Sawday's Special Places to Stay)
- Pubs with style and great food; with sustainability and provenance at the heart of what they do. Sleek city boozers and rural pubs with wonky walls and horse brasses above the bar. Chosen for their individuality, good cheer and friendly welcome. This well-loved Sawday's pubs guide gives you all the information you need: pub opening times; pub prices; directions and phone numbers to make a booking at pubs across England & Wales. » Buy the book
- Pocket Pub Walks South Downs
- Best Sussex Pub Walks: Circular Walks from Harveys Pubs
- Pocket Pub Walks West Sussex
- Pocket Pub Walks East Sussex
- Horsham Pub Guide
Pub Guide Books
- Good Pub Guide 2014
- Organized county by county, The Good Pub Guide is as invaluable as ever. Its comprehensive yearly updates and countless reader reports ensure that only the very best pubs make the grade » Buy the book