East Sussex Pubs
There are 26 links in this category.
» View the Most Recent Links
Links: A - Z
The team welcome you to The Barley Mow pub which is situated on the A27 opposite the peaceful village of Selmeston, between Lewes and Eastbourne. We have a cosy inviting interior and our expansive gardens boast a large children's play area, alongside an impressive decking area for diners. We enjoy some of the most beautiful views of the South Downs, and the South Downs Way is accessible from the back of our garden.
Located in Ticehurst, between Tunbridge Wells and Hastings, near Bewl Water. Old beams and tiled floors featured. Popular with cylists, walkers and fishermen.
Michael and Joanne welcome you to The Cherry Tree Inn, a traditional English country pub, in Ticehurst (near Bewl Water). With wooden beams and two open log fires it epitomises the village pub. A warm and friendly atmosphere in the bar and restaurant awaits visitors. A selection of gardens and a decked area make drinking and dining outside a pleasure. At The Cherry Tree Inn we welcome families. Dogs on leads are permitted outside and restricted bar area. We serve traditional pub fayre from 12 noon to 3pm Tuesday through Sunday with Sunday Roast a speciality. Dinner Tuesday through Saturday 6.30pm - 9pm. Childrens Menu always available. There is accommodation available in the form of three bed and breakfast rooms.
Victorian pub in Wilmington (near Eastbourne) within a short distance of the Long Man chalk figure on the South Downs. Freehouse with extensive menu.
The landmark public house is located at Coleman's Hatch in the heart of Ashdown Forest, close to numerous attractions in the area including Winnie the Pooh bridge. Proprietor Nicholas Drillsma and partner Sandy Barton have built an enviable reputation for producing the highest quality, locally sourced food, complimented by an extensive wine list. The daily changing menus deliver quality food and service in a cosy, quintessentially English public house. There are two large gardens for summer dining with views to the forest.
Linda and Mike welcome you to the Horns Lodge, a traditional rural English public house located in the beautiful Sussex countryside near the South Downs National Park. Whether you visit us for a relaxing drink, to sample our delicious home cooked food or for a stay in one of our guest rooms, we hope you enjoy your stay with us. We are an independent freehouse serving a changing range of real ales. Cosy restaurant serving traditional home-cooked fayre. Bar area with real fire, for drinking and casual dining. Beer Garden with covered heated, patio area. Pub games include, cribbage, dominoes, backgammon, darts, bar billiards and toad in the hole. Free WiFi available
Free house in Oxley Green near Heathfield. Describes a brief history of the pub with its links to John "Mad Jack" Fuller - an eccentric 17th century squire.
Historic Sussex countryside pub on the A21 near Battle serving good local food and ales. We have a beautiful pub garden with panoramic views, a dining room, log fire and even a pub ghost!
Voted by 'Time Out' among their top ten restaurants within an hour from London. Beers served direct from barrels behind the bar. Situated on a quiet, no-through lane in rural East Chiltington (between Lewes and Burgess Hill).
The Lamb Inn is a classic country pub and restaurant set in the East Sussex countryside near the Pevensey Levels and Herstmonceux and Hailsham. The pub was established over 500 years ago and has provided a welcome rest stop for centuries to everyone from bird watchers to smugglers. Today, we still pride ourselves on the sort of warm and welcoming atmosphere you expect in a country pub, along with a great selection of wines and ales.
- CAMRA's South East Pub Walks
- A practical, pocket-sized guide to some of the best pubs and walking in the south eastern corner of England. Each route has been selected for its interesting and varied landscape, and its beer - with the walks taking you on a tour of the best real ale pubs the area has to offer. » Buy the book
- Britain's Best Real Heritage Pubs (CAMRA)
- Full-colour guide to over 260 pubs throughout the UK which have interiors of real historic significance - some of them stretching back a century or more. It is the first time that these pubs have been collected into a single volume. Illustrated with high quality photography, the guide's extensive listings are the product of years of surveying and research by CAMRA volunteers. » Buy the book
- Pubs and Inns of England and Wales (Alastair Sawday's Special Places to Stay)
- Pubs with style and great food; with sustainability and provenance at the heart of what they do. Sleek city boozers and rural pubs with wonky walls and horse brasses above the bar. Chosen for their individuality, good cheer and friendly welcome. This well-loved Sawday's pubs guide gives you all the information you need: pub opening times; pub prices; directions and phone numbers to make a booking at pubs across England & Wales. » Buy the book
- Pocket Pub Walks South Downs
- Best Sussex Pub Walks: Circular Walks from Harveys Pubs
- Pocket Pub Walks West Sussex
- Pocket Pub Walks East Sussex
- Horsham Pub Guide
Pub Guide Books
- Good Pub Guide 2014
- Organized county by county, The Good Pub Guide is as invaluable as ever. Its comprehensive yearly updates and countless reader reports ensure that only the very best pubs make the grade » Buy the book